Measuring Your University’s Website Performance
Companies measure online leads and sales. News sites measure article engagement. Nonprofits measure online donations.
But higher education institutions, who must continually recruit new students while supporting existing ones, have to track website performance differently.
This step-by-step guide walks you through how to use Google Analytics (and other common tools) to evaluate whether your website is actually supporting your university’s goals.
By using this guide, you’ll be able to:
- Set up Google Analytics for success
- Measure homepage engagement
- Understand how to set up your degree pages
- Explore where your traffic is coming from
- Optimize your site for search engines